Sunday, June 12, 2011

Expecting Numbers 3 AND 4!!

That's right, I am pregnant with twins! I thought I would share a picture of my rapidly growing belly. This is something I would never usually do since I do not feel very photogenic and am super self conscious when pregnant, but how often do you get to see someone pregnant with twins. Please do not judge.


I already feel self conscious of the fact that I have gained a TON of weight, my hair being too blond from dying it last week, and my pillows being out of order.

Right now I am 19 weeks or 4 and 1/2 months. Each week I get noticeably bigger. This is the time, if I were pregnant with one baby, when I would regularly be showing a small baby bump. I feel like this picture does not do justice to how I feel. I feel huge. I feel as if I am at least six or seven months along. I am already having a hard time sleeping. I have to go to the bathroom all the time and I struggle when I have to bend over. I still have 18 weeks to go since they will deliver me no later than 37 weeks. I am really hoping that the babies and I can make it.


The great thing about this month is that I found out the genders of my babies. One is a boy and the other a girl. I am super excited about this. It just feels right and I am excited to have a girl since I will have three boys now. I also am starting to feel them move. My doctor said that they are measuring 8 inches from their head to their toes.


You may ask, "what is it like being pregnant with twins?" The main two things are that I am very tired and very hungry. Is it double the fatigue and hunger? All I know is that it definitely exceeds my previous pregnancies. I am so tired that I struggle to get up in the mornings until the hunger pains get too strong to fight. I have to take many breaks throughout the day, and Nate has become my little helper. He helps by getting me things when I am too tired to stand. Also, if anyone ever wants to take me out to eat, I greatly appreciate it. Hint. Hint.


Everything is going very well overall. I just hope that it continues. The whole family is getting excited. Nate really wanted a little sister and Paul a little brother. They are both excited which makes me even more so. Dave is most excited with the fact that I am definitely going to need his help during the night shift after these babies arrive. Ha Ha!

6 comments:

  1. You really don't look like you've gained that much weight. True, your belly is big, but you are really looking just fabulous!

    I'm really excited to have a niece - and of course another nephew is great too! Can't wait to meet these babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mandee!!! Congratulations!!! I am so excited and thrilled for your family. And a boy and a girl...that is just perfect!!! You look amazing and beautiful, no need to feel self conscious. Good luck with the pregnancy...you are a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandee - when i saw the picture, before I even read the post, I thought "She looks cute, and I like her hair, and her house looks so cute too!" haha and then I read your post about all of that... You really do look so cute. And having twins would be so so fun - and obviously so so hard. You'll do awesome!! I'm so excited for you and especially to see that little girl (and boy of course)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! A boy and a girl. That's so perfect! Great news Mandee! And I agree...you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Mandee!! I was so excited when my mom told me. I'm probably like 10 minutes away from you guys (sad we never see each other) so let me know if you ever need some help. PS. What's your favorite restaruant, I'd love to bring something!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations you guys! That's so great! I've had three friends in the past year and a half who've had twins, and they have all done great. You'll just have to find your new sense of normal :) My advice (from the outside) is to enlist as much help as possible before and after the babies come and don't expect as much out of yourself. Good luck...we'll be praying all goes well!

    ReplyDelete

Followers